This is a great way of using your glut of courgettes and tomatoes. Its Mediterranean ingredients will help to ensure summer lingers for a little longer! The mascarpone adds a creamier consistency to the tomato and courgette. If you like your food slightly spicier, chop in a little fresh chilli while cooking the onion. Enjoy!
Prep Time 20 mins cooking time 25-30 mins
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1⁄2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
200g risotto rice
500ml vegetable stock
200g carton passata
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 courgettes, halved and sliced
2 tbsp mascarpone
parmesan (or veggie alternative), grated, to serve
- Cook the onion until soft in 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan. Stir in the garlic and coriander seeds.
- Stir in the risotto rice, coat with the onion.
- Ladle in 300ml of the vegetable stock, allow each ladle to absorb before adding the next.
- Pour in the passata, cover, simmer and stir occasionally for 10-15 mins, add more stock as needed.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Separately roast the cherry tomatoes and courgettes, until tender, in 1 tbsp olive oil and season.
- Stir in the mascarpone, cook until the risotto is creamy. Combine the courgettes with the rice, top with the roasted tomatoes and grated Parmesan.
For locally grown veg, order a vegetable box from the Moorgate Farm vegetable box scheme.